The Power of Digital Shelf Optimisation: A Guide to Increasing Sales on Retail Websites
Retail media is a hot topic at the moment but don’t overlook what is usually the biggest opportunity for maximising your sales via third party websites, optimising your digital shelf. Due to the acceleration of ecommerce growth in recent years, more sophisticated brands are putting increasing resources in trying to win on third party websites versus their competitors. So, understanding the levers you need to focus on and optimise has never been more important.
What is the digital shelf?
The digital shelf is the online experience and interactions consumers have with your products as they research, compare, and purchase products online including on retail sites. Due to the complexity of online journeys, there are a multitude of data points that allow businesses to understand the experience a shopper has when interacting with their products on online retailers.
Some examples of elements of the digital shelf are product variation options, images, videos, and descriptions. Combined, these elements are displayed on retailer websites to help consumers make informed purchasing decisions online.
Want to learn more? Request the guide we developed in partnership with ISBA to learn:
- What is the digital shelf
- How to measure the digital shelf
- How to assess your digital shelf maturity
- How to maximise your sales through optimising your digital shelf
Enter your details in the form to get a copy of the digital shelf guide*.
* Please note the ecommerce guide is only available to those working client-side. If this doesn’t apply to you, please get in touch and we’d be happy to discuss the principles used in the guide.