Entropy Data is a consultancy providing advice and support for GDPR / ePrivacy compliance as well as data privacy good practice.
Entropy Data is run by Nick Stringer who has a wealth of experience in technology public policy and regulatory affairs issues, both at UK and EU level. Between 2008-15 Nick was Director of Regulatory Affairs at the Internet Advertising Bureau UK (IAB UK), spearheading the sector’s efforts to grow within an optimal policy environment. This included the development of various good practice initiatives on privacy, ‘native’ advertising, display advertising trading, copyright and social media. It also included advocacy – both at UK and EU level – on privacy and data protection legislation, such as the GDPR and ePrivacy Directive. Between 2013-17, Nick chaired the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance (EDAA), an industry body administering an EU wide programme to develop greater transparency and user control in interest-based advertising. Nick is also a Certified Information Privacy Profes
As everyone knows, brands need to mitigate the risk of the forthcoming EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) legislation. The GDPR will update existing EU data protection law to safeguard the rights and privacy of individuals in light of advances in technology and data-driven business models. It also aims streamline the new rules across Europe to help ‘borderless’ business and underpin the advent of new data services. Further changes to data privacy are also planned with the revision of the ePrivacy Directive, The GDPR will apply from 25 May 2018: failure to comply risks fines of up to €20m or 4% of annual global turnover (whichever is higher).
The GDPR will require brands to develop an innovative data privacy strategy: giving the customer greater control over their data whilst maximising its effectiveness and potential value. In a nutshell: a personalised service underpinned with effective customer communication and privacy safeguards.
In advance of the new law applying from 25 May 2018, we’ll work with you to create an action plan to prepare for the GDPR. However, we believe good practice goes beyond this. Using our deep expertise in marketing communications and around data regulation we’ll define and integrate a “Think Privacy First” philosophy to ensure data governance is defined as part of your brand’s positioning, including customer communications.
GDPR COMPLIANCE + THINK PRIVACY FIRST
- Data or information governance is all too often an after-thought for many organisations. The intense competition in today’s ‘data market’ – not to mention the increase in regulator fines under the GDPR – means that many organisations will just want to tick the ‘compliance’ box and get on with business. Entropy Data will create a GDPR Action Plan to help you prepare to comply with the new law.
- The GDPR aims to create a ‘privacy by design’ culture. Entropy Data aims to go further than this by integrating information governance in a brand’s proposition: placing data protection and privacy considerations at the heart of doing business. Entropy Data will define and integrate a ‘Think Privacy First’ philosophy.
HOW WE DO IT:
- Business ‘Deep Dive’ – How does the company currently use / share data? What information governance is currently in place?
- Auditing GDPR Readiness: Mapping & Analysis – What are the key aspects of the GDPR for the company? How does it organise itself internally to prepare for potential changes?
- GDPR Action Plan – Specific GDPR recommendations for the company, as well as how to implement them.
Think Privacy First – Defining and Integrating a ‘Think Privacy First Philosophy
- Defining a ‘Think Privacy First’ Philosophy – building privacy considerations into the brand mission statement.
- Developing ‘Think Privacy First’ Practices and Processes – considering privacy at every step of the product cycle, including customer communications.
Free GDPR Guidance
When you contact us we’ll also give you a free copy of our 10 step guide for GDPR compliance specifically developed for brands. It is not sector-specific and will be updated on a regular basis. When you’ve reviewed it we welcome all comments, feedback as well as any questions via the Contact Us form on the site.
We offer bespoke GDPR training for a wider range of organisations from large multinationals to SMEs.